5 Reasons Physicians Need to Protect Their Income
It took you years of training, education and commitment to get where you are. And now you have a lifestyle
and a financial future to protect if you become too sick or hurt to work. Below are five reasons to consider
protecting your income:
1. You rely on your income. It makes paying for your house, car and other important assets possible. You
insure those assets —why not your income?
2. It provides a constant income stream. Individual Disability Income insurance from Principal® pays you
monthly benefits that work much like a "paycheck," if you can no longer work in your occupation when a
disabling illness or injury occurs. That stands out from other insurance companies that only pay benefits if
you can't work in any occupation.
3. You can customize coverage. With our customizable features, you can be confident that your coverage
can meet the unique needs of doctors like you.
4. Your policy is yours. Even if you change jobs or employers in the future, your policy goes with you
wherever you go.
5. It's usually just 1-3% of your income. That's less than some of us pay for a daily cup of premium coffee.
Why individual disability insurance?
- You can customize the coverage so it meets your unique needs.
- The policy is yours. Even if you change jobs or employers in the future, your
policy goes with you wherever you go.
- The cost is usually just 1-3% of your income.
- The policy can’t be changed or canceled as long as you continue to pay for it.
Right now is the best time in recent history to review your needs and supplement your coverage if necessary. Due to COVID-19, many carriers are offering quality “Specialty Specific Own Occupation Coverage” without medical exams. This lenient underwriting will not last long.
If you set up income protection now, you can:
• Get a baseline of coverage that you can build on as your income grows.
• Lock into a lower cost of coverage.
If you would like to learn more about Individual Disability Income insurance and how you can protect your income, please fill out the form below and one of our representatives will contact you.
Combined HR Services provides practical human resources information and guidance based upon our experience in the industry and our experience with our clients. Combined HR Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Combined HR Services are designed to provide general information to human resources and/or business professionals regarding human resources situations commonly encountered. Given the changing nature of federal, state and local legislation and the changing nature of court decisions, Combined HR Services cannot and will not guarantee that the information is completely current or accurate. Combined HR Services do not include or constitute legal, business, international, regulatory, insurance, tax or financial advice.